Suicide Prevention Training & Crisis Intervention in Schools
Mental Health & Suicide Prevention with Jeff Yalden
* Schools * Communities * Mental Health Professionals * First Responders * Hospitals
He Changes Lives and Moves Communities Forward
Think about this . . .
Experience from the depths of despair to renewed sense of being and purpose. Jeff works with parents, adults, and teens on mental health and depression everyday. Everyday, Jeff is on the phone with a community, a parent, or a teen dealing with loss, thoughts of suicide, or family turmoil. This is what he does and when he isn’t doing this, Jeff is speaking and mesmerizing some high school audience or middle school audience with his life’s experiences and wisdom. This is what Jeff does. It’s not just a job to him. This is his life’s purpose and the meaning to his existence.
The reality, sometimes it’s just another outside voice that can say things a little differently than you can. It’s an outside voice with great experience that can open his heart and move the energy in a new direction, whereas, you might be chastised for being insensitive. Jeff has a way with words and a presence that is impactful. What would you rather have? You’d rather have the person that connects and makes a difference, rather than the person that can share statistics and textbook definitions written well before today’s generation was so actively involved in social media technology.
- One community losses 9 teens to suicide in less than one year, including 4 teens in 6 weeks. Who did they turn to? They reached out to Jeff Yalden and within days, Jeff was there to restore hope to a community lost in its search for meaning and understanding. Two high schools and one big parent/community program where 1500 people came out, including six families that have lost a child. This evening was incredible. The following night, Jeff even stayed and joined the student cheering section for a home basketball game.
- Another community, loses a high school student to suicide and that very evening, the father commits suicide. Less than a month later, a middle school student and a father were killed in an automobile accident. A month after, the School Treasurer committed suicide, within 35 minutes of being caught mishandling school funds. When the dust starts to settle, there is a high school drug overdose. Taking the life of another student. September of 2015, an 8th grader takes his life. Then in November 2015, just before Thanksgiving break, a high school student commits suicide.
- A small Canadian community experiences a Suicidal Contagion. The Canadian Mental Health Association called Woodstock, Ontario, Canada, "A Community in Crisis." They called Jeff Yalden and for five days, Jeff came and visited with teens, parents, and community members.
- Another small North Dakota School Community loses two teens within weeks of each other for different circumstances dividing the school and community. Jeff came to Tioga for two days and brought this school and community together.
. . . Many more communities have reached out to Jeff for their situations looking for help to bring students together, give teachers inspiration, and answer the questions so hard to ask.
Teen Crisis Intervention Expert & Inspiration to Young People
What do these communities have in common? They both hired Suicide Prevention Speaker – Jeff Yalden. In two days, Jeff came and restored hope to a community searching for meaning and understanding. Jeff shared his heart with the staff, students, and community members including parents. He shared his theory on today’s teens and depression, anxiety, and expectations. He talked about the pressures of today’s youth – being on 24/7 and always connected. Jeff talked about cell phones and social media and when he does, he makes sense. He is not a textbook guy. He is trained through QPR Suicide Prevention, but his experiences go much further than his education.
This is what Jeff does – Loving People To Life! So, for your next Suicide Prevention Training, or to bring the students and staff members back to normalcy with school pride and morale, consider Jeff Yalden. You will be glad you did!
Teen Suicide Prevention Expert Jeff Yalden hugs a father who lost his son less than a week before Jeff’s visit to the community
Meeting with two families who recently lost their child to suicide.
Have Jeff speak to your Parents & Community
Jeff brings an awesome school assembly to your teens. Middle School and High School Assemblies is where Jeff has been the past 23 years. Parent programs were never something he really focused on until the past few years. Teen Suicide and Depression has become more and more a part of Jeff’s work and Jeff has become more and more focused on the “Why’s” and “What can we do about it” of depression and suicide in our teens.
So, if you are the buyer and decision maker and your considering Jeff as a Youth Motivational Speaker for your School Assembly, consider Jeff for a full day with teens, staff members, student leaders, and parents and community members. Get the best experience and value for your money spent.
Example Day with Jeff:
- School Assembly or (2) Assemblies
- Student Leadership – Character & Integrity or Suicide Prevention w/ Teen Leaders
- Suicide Prevention Training for Staff & Teachers
- Parent & Community Presentation – “Raising Teens in a Challenging World. Smartphones, Teen Depression, Social Media, Sexting, Teen Thinking, and Parental Influence.”